Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Today's Youth in the USA

Humans are curious beings and love to learn, but many school across the world destroy that love of learning. In the US capitalism has made people think that materials will bring them happiness. We are getting farther and farther away from community and nature. When we love ourselves then we can truly love others. Once we have self love all we want to do is give and help others. < This concept is lost in a capitalist society all though having options to direct trade such as money to hold pros. We need a more balanced society.

This is my reaction to the recent Toys "R" Us commercial. The commercial 

I love nature, I've been hiking since I was a young child. My grandfather was a forest ranger and one of the first people to educate and fight pesticides and teach people the importance or recycling in California. This definitely rubbed off on my mother who respected Native American culture and used that along with my father taking us into the forests to inspire the love of science and nature.

 -_'- It's sad children are getting bombarded by materialism crap. About age 13 I finally realized that things and being by yourself all the time can't make you happy. Then I started to make more friends and finally when I was 19 I learned to truly love myself (I loved the world but not myself and I finally understood that I am apart of this world and I deserve to love myself) and I finally found true happiness. The more we teach kids to be selfish and materialistic the longer it's going to take them to wake up to reality.

Keep your childhood innocence while maintaining monk like wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment